Monday, October 13, 2008

A night away!

Hubby and I currently work different schedules. I work days and he works afternoons. I walk in the door at 3:20 and he literally gives me a kiss and walks out the door. We have very limited time together until he leaves. We were able to plan one night away before he leaves. Yea! So, I am very much looking forward to spending one evening alone with Hubby in a few weeks. We will be spending a night in a hotel and going to a comedy club. We will need a few good laughs that evening because as much as I can't wait for that night, I also can not forget why we are having our night alone. It will be bittersweet, I imagine.

Our little guy, Aj, is having a difficult time the past few days. He isn't sleeping well and is just not himself. He is easily angered and teary. I hate going through this deployment but more that anything I hate seeing Aj suffer through this too... And Hubby hasn't even left. I often find Aj looking at the world map that we have put up on his wall. He just scans the distance from Illinois to Afghanistan. Just heartbreaking!

No comments: